|The 40th meeting of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) on Financial Markets was held today at Reserve Bank of India, Central Office, Mumbai, under the chairmanship of Shri Harun R. Khan, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India. Senior officials from RBI, representatives from the Ministry of Finance, the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India (IRDAI), in addition to academia, industry bodies, banks, exchanges, clearing corporation, Fixed Income Money Market and Derivatives Association of India (FIMMDA) and other market entities participated in the meeting.
The TAC reviewed the recent developments in money, government securities and foreign exchange markets and discussed various issues relating to the financial benchmarks, disclosure and reporting requirements for commercial papers (CP) and relaxations in the documentation-related requirements for hedging in the forex market. The TAC also reviewed the recommendations of the Working Group on Interest Rate Options (Chairperson: Prof P.G. Apte) and Implementation Group on encouraging retail participation in government securities (Chairperson: Smt. Rekha Warriar). The TAC approved the constitution of a Standing Group under the TAC to suggest measures for compliance with global standards in the OTC derivative market. The Committee also deliberated on measures for development of corporate bond and the term money market.
The Reserve Bank had reconstituted the Technical Advisory Committee on Money, Foreign Exchange and Government Securities Markets in April, 2015. The terms of reference of the Committee are:
- To review and recommend measures for deepening and widening the money, foreign exchange and government securities markets including those relating to participants, products, institutional and infrastructural arrangements, etc.;
- To suggest measures for development of market and promoting liquidity in money market instruments, foreign exchange market and government securities;
- To examine and advise on the evolving and desirable linkages among the money, foreign exchange and government securities and capital markets;
- To review the infrastructure, legal and institutional arrangements for trading, transfer and settlement in the money , foreign exchange and government securities markets in the context of the emerging payments system including CCIL;
- To prepare and consider papers on topics relating to product/market development and advise on the policies and practices for the same;
- To review the qualitative and quantitative aspects of risk management, accounting disclosure, settlement, legal framework etc. in the money, foreign exchange and government securities markets and render advise; and
- To examine any relevant issue having a bearing on these markets referred to it, by RBI.
Best information I’ve read in a long time.
Hello! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to
all your posts! Keep up the great work!
Great web site you have here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like
yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make significantly posts I
would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus
far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish incredible.
What’s up mates, pleasant post and good urging commented at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.
Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate
you spending some time and energy to put this content together.
I once again find myself personally spending way
too much time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a amusement
account it. Look complicated to more introduced agreeable from you!
However, how could we keep in touch?
Hello my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to look more posts like this . no credit check loans
Highly energetic blog, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
Spot on with this write-up, I seriously believe that this
site needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably be returning to see
more, thanks for the information!
This is a topic that is close to my heart…
Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?